T.D.T. #1 – Teaching w/ Twitter

Twitter

Last Thursday i held our first ‘Tech Day Thursday’, which have replaced our Friday morning ‘Techie Breakies’. I decided to shift away from the Breakfast version as i know just how busy our staff can be before the school bell rings and the masses begin to roll in for the day!

Our held our first session on ‘Teaching with Twitter’. Whilst at the Ulearn10 Conference in Christchurch, NZ, i attended a breakout which was ran by Steve Wheeler, a Professor from the UK. Steve ran through the benefits of using Twitter as an educational tool and since i have been involved in sending and receiving ‘tweets’, it has been an outstanding way to further develop my PLN (Professional Learning Network).

I ran through with the staff who attended the benefits of using twitter as an educational tool and the great gains that can be made via the sharing of excellent online teaching and learning resources.

The staff appeared to be very engaged and i only hope that from what they learnt they too reap the benefits of such a great professional learning experience!

And… you’re not a Twitter user, get on board!

Cheers, @CorrieB